Nancy Koeninger, Mary Hansen’s mom, graduated from University of Cincinnati with a degree in Education and taught 1st grade for several years in Cincinnati. She was a stay-at-home mom while her kids were growing up and then went back to work as a preschool teacher as well as tutoring reading for kids with learning disabilities. She got her Master of Education from OSU when she was in her 50s and teaches to this day—at age 81 as a Title 1 tutor in reading education for Columbus City Schools. Many former students of hers now work with her as fellow teachers. Even whilst often raising her kids alone while her husband was overseas working for the federal government, she still found time to be active in the teachers’ union. She loves hard, she works hard, and she doesn’t take guff from anybody. Her hard work and dedication to educating others is deeply inspiring to us.
- Happy Memorial Day Weekend! May 26, 2023
- Niels Hansen’s Internship in Zurich May 24, 2023
- Happy Birthday Teddy Hansen! May 21, 2023
- Thanks to Pickens Fence Company! May 19, 2023
- Thank you to Ohio Hardwood Floors! May 18, 2023